Managing Your Store¶
Once you have your store up and running, Satchmo has several tools that will make it easier for you to administer and maintain your site.
Satchmo includes a very useful Administrative toolbar that allows the store administrator to browse the active store and displays useful statistics about your store including:
- Current Satchmo version
- Link to the admin site
- Number of and link to new orders
- Number of carts in the past, hour, day and week
- Number of contacts in the past week as well as total
- If viewing a specific item, it will also show the number of items sold
In order for this to work you must have satchmo_ext.satchmo_toolbar in your installed apps.
Editing Items Bookmarklet¶
As described in this article , Django supports a useful bookmarklet that allows you to quickly jump to the admin page for a specific item in the store. In order to use this feature, make sure that you drag the necessary bookmarklet from /admin/doc/bookmarklets to your browser’s bookmark bar. Then whenever you are on a product page which can be editable from the admin, you can quickly jump there.
Users and Groups¶
In its default setting, Satchmo does not come with any predefined groups. What this means for you is that any user that has staff permissions will be able to see and edit all of the items in the admin. For production use, you will probably want to create several custom groups so that users can have different access based on their needs. The Django documentation can help you with the process of setting up individual user as well as group permissions.
Here is one scenario that you could use for configuring your groups:
- Store Admin (full access to the admin site)
- Order Manager (able to see and manage orders)
- Product Manager (add, delete and edit product information)
- Contact Manager (add, delete and edit contact information)